6 PWM Output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 PWM Output

riteshpanchal00
Contributor I

I am using LPCXpresso845MAX board for testing my application. 

I required 6 PWM outputs (3 complimentary pairs of PWM). 

I refereed 'AN11538_SCTimer_PWM_Cookbook v5.0.pdf' and i came to know that i can use SCTimer to generate complementary PWM.

I am using MCUXpresso IDE and Peripheral Config Tool to init SCTimer. I can able to generate 4 PWM outputs (2 complementary) using SCTimer. But when i tried to add another PWM output tool show me error. 'Each PWM output internally allocate 2 events. And Max Number of events supported by SCT0 is 8' See attached image.

So how can i generate 6 PWM outputs at a time?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

aaronm
Contributor III

@riteshpanchal00 I'm way late to this conversation, but I just solved this - without the Peripherals configuration tool, unfortunately - and in case anyone else runs across this thread, here's where I provided a working project for this same problem.  It's on an LPC832, but the code should work pretty similarly.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/6-max-PWMs-on-LPC832-working-project/m-p/1810562#M...

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ritesh,

The generic SCTimer/PWM module supports 16 events and 16 states, but the LPC804 is a scaled SCTimer/PWM module, it only supports 8 events and 8 states. The AN11538 focuses on generic SCTimer/PWM module, so if you use the code directly, maybe there is issue.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

riteshpanchal00
Contributor I

Hi XiangJun Rong,

Thanks for the Reply.

I’m using LPC845. And as per its data sheet it only supports 8 events and 8 states.

I'm using MCUXpresso Config Tool for SCTimer Initialisation. The tool don’t allow me to enable more than 4 PWM outputs. I had attached error snapshot in my first post.

So can you confirm that In LPC845, is it possible to use 6 PWM output using SCTimer?

If yes could you guide me how can I initialise using MCUXPRESSO config tool or manually register config !??

0 Kudos