What is the cheapest iMX product to support active tamper?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the cheapest iMX product to support active tamper?

yj_kim
Contributor I

Hi,
I am looking for the cheapest imx product supported by Active Tamper.

Looking at the application notes (AN12210), imx7D supports active/passive tampers and iMX6UL supports passive tampers.

However, looking up the data on the Internet, it seems that imx6 also has a product with Active tamper support.

Question)
1. iMX7D and iMX7S are known as Pin to Pin, but imx7S does not support Active tamper?
2. What data do I need to use Active Tamper with my client company?
3. And does NDA need to receive data?
    If necessary, please let me know about the procedure.
4. Please recommend me the cheapest product with Active tamper support.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

About you above questions, I give you reply one by one.

1. iMX7D and iMX7S are known as Pin to Pin, but imx7S does not support Active tamper?

Yes, the i.MX7D and i.MX7S are Pin to Pin, they all have ten tamper pins, the i.MX7S support tamper. Comparing with the i.MX7S recommend to use the i.MX7D
2. What data do I need to use Active Tamper with my client company?

You can request to download the Security Reference Manual for i.MX7Dual and 7Solo Applications Processors. https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/mod_download.jsp?colCode=IMX7DSSRM&appType=moderated You can try to download. I do not know if you can download it, you can try.
3. And does NDA need to receive data? If necessary, please let me know about the procedure.

About the NDA We have our workflow, you can create one request in NXP website. If you need you can tell me.
4. Please recommend me the cheapest product with Active tamper support.

The i.MX6UL also have ten tamper pins can support active tamper and passive tamper, here you can to choose towards your need.  The i.MX6UL is more cheaper than i.MX7D.

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

yj_kim
Contributor I

Hi, Rita.
Thank you for your quick reply.
It was very helpful to me.

Best Regards,

YJ

0 Kudos