cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 I2C Master Mode questions

cory1
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with the NTAG 5 Link (NTP5312) and I am having difficulty sending commands to an attached sensor while in I2C Master mode.

First question: Does the NTP5312 variant support I2C master mode, or only the NTP5332?

Second Question: Looking at AN12368 section 5.3, I see references to "Flags" and "IC manuf. code". I was not able to find any information on these two parameters in the documentation available in the DocStore. Are there any resources that can tell me more about these two parameters?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cory1
Contributor II

So I found out from my NXP rep that the NTP5312 does not support I2C Master Mode, only the NTP5332. He offered some NTAG 5 Boost (NTA5332) chips to test out, but I'm pretty sure from the NTAG 5 Switch datasheet that only the Switch supports "I2C Master Mode" (distinct from Transparent I2C Master Channel because it requires less energy due to the lack of SRAM mirror mode).

NTP5332_I2CMaster.JPG

estephania_martinez

Thanks for the tip on the ISO15693 flags and the NXP manufacturer code (0x04 regardless of the sensor you're trying to communicate with). I'll test that out once I can get my hands on some NTP5332 chips.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

let me investigate further on this as according to the DS

NTAG 5 link is available in two different variants (see Section 4). NTP5332 supports all features of NTP5312, and on top of these, it offers also I2C master features, as well as AES mutual authentication

Still, let me verify.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The NTAG 5 link supports master mode, you are already making reference to the correct application note  AN12368 NTAG 5 link - I2C master mode

Most of the information about the NTAG 5 is available in the public web page, there are few things in Docstore,  still, it is most likely that you will need to refer to the the DataSheet of the NTAG 5 Link and the ISO specification. The information about the flags can be found in the ISO specification and the IC manufacturing code in this case for the NTAG 5 corresponds to 0x04 as this is the one of NXP.

ntag5code.png

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos