I'm trying to use 'advanced' debugger settings to partition S32K144 EVB memory for EEPROM functionality. In S32DS for ARM v2.2. I have mixed results:
- started with default konfig. with FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xC (FlexNVM used as D-Flash)
- next I've tried set 'Enable Partitioning for the device' with 0204 code (all FlexNVM used for EEPROM)
- after clicking Debug - I could still see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xC (unchanged)
- after a few experiments I've checked both options: 'Emergency Kinetis Device recovery...' and 'Enable Partitioning for the device' (with 0204) - and this worked. I could see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0x4.
- I've experimented with EEPROM functionality - and it has worked as expected
- then I've checked again 'Emergency Kinetis Device recovery' together with 'Enable Partitioning for the device' with code '020C' to restore FlexNVM as D-Flash. After 'Debug' I could see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xF which is 'FlexNVM not assigned'. After that I could not change this field any more (no option 020C or 0204 works this time).
Can You explain how this function works ? What is the proper sequence of actions to successfully partition memory ?
Why am I seeing such erratic behaviour ?
Thanks for help