rtwdog and debug mode - imxrt1021

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtwdog and debug mode - imxrt1021

estacey
Contributor III

I'm running the rtwdog example with the debug target trying to debug and the interrupt is set to not be enabled during debug mode.  It counts and even kicks off the debugger when it fires so I have to wonder is there a different sort of debug mode that I'm not aware of or is the watchdog  behaving incorrectly?  The user manual says something about debug mode in relation to JTAG.  Is debug mode not entered without JTAG?

Additionally, I'm not seeing the interrupt at all.  I set a break point in it and I put a printf statement there to see a message on the console from the interrupt vector.

---edit---Looking further into this, I think the demo project has some problems.  WDOG1 works fine, however.  Still runs when the debugger runs, so I would love to have an answer to that problem.  I'm also concerned the 0.5s granularity of WDOG1 won't suit our needs so if the other rtwdog watchdog issues can be identified, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ellen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello estacey@avg.net‌,

In the RTWDOG_GetDefaultConfig the structure is load with the configuration, to enable the debug mode in this MCU you need to modify the default value (disabled). Put the following line after the DefaultConfig API.

config->workMode.enableDebug = true;

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

estacey
Contributor III

Setting enableDebug to true with disable the watchdog counter when I'm running the debug target?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That's right Ellen, the WDOG should halt when you pause the debug session.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos