Before I start - Yes, I have googled and read many posts about this issue, but I did
not find an article that answers posed kin this post
I have professional version of CodeWarrior (Development Studio for QorIQ) connect to a
Custom LS1043A-RGW via a CodeWarrior Tap (brand new). I have the Software Switches
set to boot from SD Card (and I have an SD Card that apparently has proper RCW settings
written (I will be asking a question about this later))
I am using default <xxxx>\ARMV8\gdb\bin\aarch64-fsl-gdb.exe for debug and
have successfully debugged some programs (see below), but while try to run a
simple DDR-based bare-metal application and I get:
Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
Error message from debugger back end:
Here are the steps to re-create.
- Run QCVS DDR and I have a set of optimized settings for DDR - cool too!
- I have run a program out of OCRAM and have DDR initialized using the
QCVS DDR source output
- target init script (ddrCtrl_1.py)
- simple program (running out of OCRAM) that calls the init DDR routine inside of InitDdrRegisters_1.c
- I have run extensive DDR Tests and the DDR is running correctly
- I created a simple DDR Bare-metal Hello world (from CodeWarrior Stationary Projects) - kusing
- I tried using both the "Connect (Reset /init DDR)" option to connect to the board - success (DDR is working)
- I tried the "Diagnose Connection" option - it completes successfully
- With the same Custom Target Connection, I try to debug the DDR Bare-metal application, and I get the above error.
Attached is the diagnostic info (including a picture of this posting along with the Error in Codewarrior screen)