how to add new flash(M58BW16FB7T) in code-warrior v8.8 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add new flash(M58BW16FB7T) in code-warrior v8.8 ?

Jump to solution
venkat1
Contributor III

hi folks,

i am currently working on MPC8358 processor, were i am using M58BW16FB7T NOR- Flash  (512kx32x1) organization of memory. i gone through codewarrior docs but i am not able to add this flash to the codewarrior. 

i wrote an algorithm,flash config file and perl script . please check following files and let me know if is there any wrong.

best regards,

venkat.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For flash program algorithm creating, please refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\Documentation\AN3630.CreatingFlashAlgorithm.pdf, please refer to the section "Creating a Flash Programming Algorithm for NOR Flash Devices", please refer to flash programmer algorithm example in C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\AMD16x1_Example, please modify the example project according to the section "Flash Programming Algorithm for AMD 16x1 Flash Devices".

For adding flash device in CodeWarrior IDE, please refer to the application note AddFlashDevs.pdf, please refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\bin\Plugins\Support\Flash_Programmer\EPPC\FPDeviceConfig.xml and add your flash device in it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For flash program algorithm creating, please refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\Documentation\AN3630.CreatingFlashAlgorithm.pdf, please refer to the section "Creating a Flash Programming Algorithm for NOR Flash Devices", please refer to flash programmer algorithm example in C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\AMD16x1_Example, please modify the example project according to the section "Flash Programming Algorithm for AMD 16x1 Flash Devices".

For adding flash device in CodeWarrior IDE, please refer to the application note AddFlashDevs.pdf, please refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\bin\Plugins\Support\Flash_Programmer\EPPC\FPDeviceConfig.xml and add your flash device in it.

0 Kudos
venkat1
Contributor III

thank you for helping..

i   am getting a problem while erasing and programming the flash ... please find the attachment

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos