cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LS2160ARDB] How to change speed to 10G

kousik_nandi
Contributor I

Dear NXP Folks,

I am trying to bring up a  ls2160ardb  board.
Which is having two 25G port.
I want to connect this port to a different machine which has 10G port.

But seems speed mismatch the link says not detected even though the cable is connected.

This I check using ethtool  and the interface name. 

Can you please let me know how I can set the speed to 10G from 25G of the NXP port?

When i executed the below command - there is no error but the speed is not changed.

#ethtool -s eth3 speed 10000 autoneg off

Regards
Kousik

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kousik_nandi
Contributor I

I tried modifying the below file as well but unable to modify

E505: "/sys/devices/platform/soc/80c000000.fsl-mc/dprc.1/dpni.3/net/eth3/speed" is read-only (add ! to override)

Regards
Kousik

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In general, 25G can operate on either PLLF or PLLS but 10G can operate on PLLS only. So if PLL usage allows it, it should be possible to switch from 25G to 10G without rebooting by starting with a known SerDes protocol and reconfiguring the desired lane(s), as we have done in other devices.
If PLLS is either not used or already configured for 10G, then the port can switch from PLLF to PLLS when switching from 25G to 10G. For example, if starting with SerDes 1 protocol 0x18 or 0x19, then sw can reconfigure one or both 25G ports to 10G ports on PLLS. If PLLF is only being used for one 25G, or if all 25G ports are switching to 10G ports at the same time, then the switch is possible. You could start with SerDes 1 0x17, 0x19, or 0x21 and switch all the 25G ports to 10G ports at the same time.

No the speed switching is not automatic. Lane reconfiguration is done in software or via PBI by changing SerDes registers with the desired Rx/Tx settings, PLL configuration, etc.

0 Kudos