Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSDA - no communication

ronny_neupert
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a FRDM-K66F.

Yesterday the board was still ok.

Today if I connect to my win10, there started the "Bootloader" Menu.

I would stop this and found this thread

Can't turn off bootloader 

and so I started the update

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

after step3 I unplugged the board und plugged again.

Now the status POWER LED is off and there is no Bootloader Menu and no communication.

What can I do? I need help

Note:

If I connect the USB to "Micro USB" my last Programm is still running.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ronny neupert,

The FRDM-K66 on board opensda is the old version opensda v2/2.1, it has the problems in the win10, please check it from this link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial...

pastedImage_1.png

So, you need to find the external debugger, eg, JLINK, download the newest opensdsa 2.2 to your on board K20 chip.

https://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/snippets-boot-code-headers-monitors/0244_k20dx_bl_0x800... 

Then download the latest firmware in bootloader mode.

Then, you can make your board works again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ronny_neupert
Contributor II

Thanks for your answear.

Yes I did this and now the POWER LED is off and Windows find no device on USB.
I have connected the NXP to a Linux System and started "lsusb" there was no device, too.

Is there an other way to flash the .bin to the device.
I have no a Debugger device for the SWD pins.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ronny neupert

You need to find an external debugger, eg JLINK, then download the new bootloader to the K20 chip through SWD interface:

pastedImage_1.png

Do you already do it? You did this way to recover your on-board opensda.

Or, do you any other freedom board? You can use other freedom board firmware with JLINK, then use the other freedom board JLINK debug your FRDM-K66 on the win 7 .

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

ronny_neupert
Contributor II

Thanks for your help.

This I haven't try. I have only one Freedom Board at this moment.Do you think his works with a Raspberry and OpenOCD

Raspberry Pi and OpenOCD – Lean2 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ronny neupert,

I didn't use your Raspberry OpenOCD, but can you check it, whether it can support the kinetis ARM chip download? If it can support the kinetis chip, you can try to download the new opensda firmware.

But if it can't support kinetis, I think you can contact with your friend, whether you can find a jlink or not, then you can use the JLINK commander download the new opensda firmware.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

ronny_neupert
Contributor II

I have a last question, do you know I can use the OM13054 ( LPC-Link2 | NXP ) for flash the *.bin file over the J10 pins to the K20. So I will buy this.
Many Thanks.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ronny neupert,

Yes, LPCLINK2 can support the K20 code download, LPC-LINK2 can use CMSIS DAP and Segger JLINk, you can use it.

Kerry

Note: