Can't flash elf to S32K146Q100 by OpenSDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't flash elf to S32K146Q100 by OpenSDA

trac_yu
Contributor I

1. on S32K146Q144 EVB, Elf file can be flashed by OpenSDA(firmware MSD-DEBUG-S32K146EVB-Q144_Pemicro_v121.SDA).

2, on S32K146Q100 PCB, Elf file can't be flashed by OpenSDA(firmware MSD-DEBUG-S32K146EVB-Q144_Pemicro_v121.SDA).

CMD>VC

Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...

block 00000000-000018F7 ...

Calculated CRC-16 does not match block. (File = $C0ED, Device = $FF51)

Initializing.

Warning 17927. Target MCU mismatch. Download performance limited. See http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/pe_tools.cfm for information on debugging external processors.

Target has been RESET and is active.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Trac Yu,

Let me know if I understand correctly, you're using the S32K146Q144 EVB to program the onboard MCU and this is done correctly.

After that, you try to program an external board with the onboard debugger and the mismatch error appears.

Also, I think you try to update the firmware from the board but the error is still present.

My understandings are correct?

Do you do any modifications to the EVB to achieve this?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon 

0 Kudos

trac_yu
Contributor I

Hello Andalon,

you are right, I used EVB's openSDA mcu to connect my PCB S32K146Q100 MCU, it's good to run debug_RAM. but if I try to flash the debug_flash program, it is unsuccessful.

I suspect it is openSDA firmware mismatch. but I can't find S32K146EVB-Q100_Pemicro_v121.SDA firmware. do you know how to do?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Trac Yu,

In the first releases from the OpenSDA  there was an identification feature that doesn't allow to program MCUs outside the one in the development board since the software did check the CPU ID of the target processor, It could be that this feature is still present in the software for this EVB. I'll contact them so they could verify this.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello trac.yu@visteon.com‌,

Confirm it with PEMicro this software keep track of UID to ensure that it is communicating with the designated on-board target device. So is better to use an external debugger to try to program a custom board.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos