iMX8 boot pins register

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 boot pins register

davidvescovi
Contributor V

If the iMX8 is anything like the iMX6 I assume there is a writable register that can be addressed that contains the boot pins configuration. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can write this register to the configuration you want (usb programming mode is what I want) and force a reset (without power cycling) and it will come up in update mode. I want to basically force the device into UUU update mode via the USB device port without actually physically changing the pins. i.e. all via software.

Is this possible? Where can I find the address location of the register for the iMX8M mini?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

one can look at sect.6.5 System Reset Controller (SRC)

for description of SRC_SBMR1,2 registers

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidvescovi
Contributor V

So it looks like the SBMR register bits are read only (at least that is what I gather from the TRM). I was assuming these bits are latched on POR and NOT just reset (which may be software reset) and could be written. I guess not so that begs the question is there a way to force the processor into USB update mode via software only?

0 Kudos