Is there any difference between iMX8 Quad Max and iMX8 Quad Lite in terms of security features provided?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any difference between iMX8 Quad Max and iMX8 Quad Lite in terms of security features provided?

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

There are various security features listed in one of your docs AMF-AUT-T3363, SECO, secure boot, DTCP etc. Is there any difference in terms of hardware or software when it comes to Quad Lite and Quad Max?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mean i.MX8 Quad Lite? I could not find the AMF-AUT-T3363 you mentioned above, I will go further confirm it for you.

0 Kudos

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

yes difference in security features between i.MX Quad Lite and i.MX Quad Max. I am attaching the document I mentioned in the main question.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pratik Vadher,

I have saw the document you attached, but not see the i.MX8Quad Lite product. And I do not find this product , I also have confirmed with our expert team and wait for reply. When I get update I will tell you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

0 Kudos

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

i.MX 8M QuadLite.. Does this help?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That is really help, we do not have the i.MX8Quad Lite product.  The i.MX 8M Quad and the i.MX 8M Dual processors have hardware acceleration for video playback up to 4K, and can drive the video outputs up to 60 fps. Although the i.MX 8M QuadLite processor does not have hardware acceleration for video decode, it allows for video playback with software decoders if needed. The most different is the i.MX 8M QuadLite do not have VPU. 

0 Kudos