New K32 L Area?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New K32 L Area?

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

The form heading says there is a new K32 L area.
When I go there I get : "Unauthorized or does not exist".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I don't know why. I can access. I guess this  page maybe is set to a wrong protection level. Anyway, there is nothing important there. Just announce a new product is avaiable.

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Don't really expect anything to be there since no one outside of NXP can access it.

Just seemed to me to be the place to have a discussion about the K32L.
Until someone gets around to fixing it, guess those will happen in this section of the forum.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob,

K32L is new generation products of Kinetis family.  Currently, you can see K32L2A, K32L2B, K32L3A. K32L3B is on the way. K32 L Series: Ultra-Low Power Microcontrollers (MCUs) optimized for low-leakage applications | NXP 

I guess there is some connection error when you access NXP portal. Please try again.

Regards,

Jing  

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Yes, I'm interested in the K32L2A as a pin compatible replacement for the broken KL27 I2C issue.

What I wanted to ask over there was how broken is I2C in the K32L2A?

The erratas range from catastrophically broken unless use DMA.
To it *might* work if don't run at 96 MHz:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/K32L2A41VLL1A_1N52N.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/K32L2B_1N71K.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/K32L3A6_3N69S.pdf

What will actually be going to distribution such as Arrow and Mouser?

People really should stop trying to 'improve' I2C as they just screw it up by adding buffers that create timing races.

I just tried to access the area now and still get:

"Unauthorized

This place or content does not exist or access to it is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."

Being a new area, I figure something needs the security fiddled with so us out here can access it (you probably have a clearance that makes it look like it is working to you).

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There are two items about LPI2C. I think the first one will not cause any problem. The second one also can be got around. The most important thing is that the IP of NXP has been fully tested. All the problems are fully exposed, and there are ways to get around.

Both Arrow and Mouser are our distributor. Besides them, you can also contact Avent, Digikey.

Do you mean the link I pathec above can't be accessed? It is so strange. K32L2 is released to mass market and doesn't need any certify or license. I tried on many computer, both in office and at home. Which area do you want to access?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

It is the "K32 L Series Microcontrollers" that says 'Unauthorized'.
All the others work just fine:

K32Lunarth.png

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Jing Pan wrote:

Hi,

There are two items about LPI2C. I think the first one will not cause any problem. The second one also can be got around. The most important thing is that the IP of NXP has been fully tested. All the problems are fully exposed, and there are ways to get around.

Both Arrow and Mouser are our distributor. Besides them, you can also contact Avent, Digikey.

Do you mean the link I pathec above can't be accessed? It is so strange. K32L2 is released to mass market and doesn't need any certify or license. I tried on many computer, both in office and at home. Which area do you want to access?

Regards,

Jing

That the I2C problems are "exposed" is an improvement over the denial that they exist in the KL27.

Hopefully that also means they will actually get fixed.

Other than looking at the physical chip markings is there away to read the mask revision in software to tell which mask it is?

This is the area that says 'Unauthorized':

https://community.nxp.com/community/general-purpose-mcus/k32lseriesmcus

Just pasting the link into this message popped up a red box saying it could not be accessed.

That it works for you on multiple computers, on your account doesn't surprise me.
Try it as a new account or non-NXP affiliated account.

That link is found in the Kinetis/LPC 'content' heading.  Along with the link to this current group, motor group and LPC group.
All of which have been here for sometime and work just fine.  The K32L group is a very recent addition.

0 Kudos