cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW41Z Not Entering Deep Sleep

alexx_88
Contributor III

Hi,

Using the Heart Rate Sensor BM example as a base for an application and trying to enter VLLS1/2, but straight after calling the "WFI" command, the processor returns without even disconnecting the debugger. I have read both the reference manual and the information that ARM provides on the core, but I can't find anything that would stop it from entering deep sleep.

As expected, when running in debug mode, the "WFI" command does nothing. However, when not in debug mode, the application just seems to hang.

I've tried both with the FSL SMC driver and the PWR Library in the Wireless Connectivity Framework. 

Any ideas? :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexx_88
Contributor III

As a quick update. I managed to get my custom board to enter deep sleep (both VLLSx and LLSx) with the Power Manager application in the SDK. So I am quite confident I'll be able to sort it in the end.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexandru Stefan,

Thanks so much for your updated information, and that's good to hear you can enter the low power mode with SDK code. SDK code are all be tested in the NXP side, so normally, when you meet the problems, you can try the NXP official SDK code at first.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexandru Stefan ,

For the KW questions, please create your new question post in the following community link:

Wireless Connectivity 

That area will have the KW engineer help you.

When you create the questions, please also write which KW board you are using, BTW, you also can try some low power code in the SDK, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos