Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG I2C explorer kit not working

afrid_theneband
Contributor I

Hi,

i have bought NTAG I2C explorer kit.

i have went through all manuals and guide.

while i m trying to operate with smartphone.i m not seeing functionality.

i hope so, by default(taken out from box), the kit has firmware loaded right.

when i turnon first time with USB, im getting blank LCD adn no indications.i tried with i2C demo app,unable to get the functionality?

please help me in these context

0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. In the section 3.2.1 of the User Guide, mentions that the firmware runs on the NTAG I2C plus Explorer board and is flashed during production at the MCU.

You don't need a USB connection if you are using your smartphone. The Energy harvesting functionality of the NTAG I2C plus enables the powering up of the complete demo kit board with the energy harvested from the RF interface without any battery.

The USB mode is for the Peek and Poke GUI. This information is in the section 3.2.4 of the same guide.

Could you please try checking the Explorer Demo APP of the section 4.?

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you checked if your NFC is ON at your smart phone?

I remember this is a pcb with LED in the kit. You can put that pcb on your phone, and if the NFC is on, the LED would blink. This way we can rule out whether it is your phone.

And there are 2 types of the kit, NT322E, and NT322ER. The "R" contains NFC reader with it. You may try to install the I2C demo software on PC, and try to work with a USB connected reader. I did it this way when I play with the kit.

0 Kudos