cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcscrypt.exe high-level command

kensu
Contributor V

Hi 

There are some option parameter in lpcscrypt tool for program to flash.

pastedImage_2.png

One option is use <File>, Can I use "stdin" method for this command?

There is another option <fill_value>? How to use it? does the fill_value must be a single fixed value for all fill byte?

Like: write 0xFF to 1, 2, 4... length? 

Can you give me simple example?

Can I write a array buffer (example: [0x13, 0x34, 0x3d,....]) from another app.exe with this command option?

Regards

Ken

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

If you wish to write a particular pattern of bytes or words to flash, then there are two options:

1 - create a binary file containing the pattern and program this into flash in a single operation.

2 - use the flashset command - this takes arguments of <address> <word>. A script could be created that increases the address argument and passes in the new words as required. Note: flashset reads a sector of flash into RAM, erases the sector and then reprograms the saved data with the word modification - therefore this is not a fast operation.

I hope this helps,

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ken Su,

>>Can I use "stdin" method for this command?

No, LPCScrypt doesn't have this feature.

parameter +w1, +w2 or +w4 are used to program memory with a 1-byte, 2-byte or 4-byte fill_value with an optional length of fill_length.

for example, if select +w1, with <fill_value> as 0xFF, all the address starts from base address will be filled 0xFF with the length of fill_length.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang