cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 bitbake error - layer.conf not found

rahul_khurana
Contributor I

HI

I am trying to follow the i.MX yocto project user guide to build image for i.mx8 mini evk . However when I run bitbake command I get the following error :

rahul@rahul-VirtualBox:~/imx-yocto-bsp/test_build$ bitbake fsl-image-machine-test
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server
ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/test_build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 4528 at 2020-02-21 23:01:40.185868 ---

Below are contents of bitbake-cookerdaemon.log :

File "/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 179, in wrapped
return func(fn, *args)
File "/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 204, in parse_config_file
return bb.parse.handle(fn, data, include)
File "/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/__init__.py", line 117, in handle
return h['handle'](fn, data, include)
File "/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/parse_py/ConfHandler.py", line 134, in handle
abs_fn = resolve_file(fn, data)
File "/home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/__init__.py", line 141, in resolve_file
raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, "file %s not found" % fn)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] file /home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-freescale/conf/layer.conf not found

ERROR: Unable to parse /home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-freescale/conf/layer.conf: [Errno 2] file /home/rahul/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-freescale/conf/layer.conf not found

When I checked the path , the layer.conf was not there . However I could layer.conf under meta-freescale-distro/conf directory .

Can you please suggest a workaround for this ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

zuriel921
Contributor II

你好,请问出现bitbake:command not found该怎么解决呢

0 Kudos

nxpnxp
Contributor I

After executing the command :bitbake imx-image-multimedia,There is an error sources/meta-freescale/conf/layer.conf not found 。How do you solve it?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rahul Khurana,

Would you please provide more details on the BSP you are using? Are you following the steps on the i.MX Yocto User’s Guide? The problem may relate to a missing package or incomplete sync of the repositories.

Regards,

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi, 

First thing is get the bitbake server going..

rahul@rahul-VirtualBox:~/imx-yocto-bsp/test_build$ bitbake fsl-image-machine-test
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server 

In your yocto root did you do a 'source' before building? For example - based of your paths..

In ~/imx-yocto-bsp/  -> source setup-environment test_build, then try a bitbake fsl-image-machine-test

0 Kudos