Some questions about routing devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about routing devices

Contributor II

Hello, I have three questions to ask for some help.

First: for the routing devices that have already entered the network, is it possible to change the node network state of the device under any circumstances or for any reason during normal operation, or to clear the network information of the device?

Second: for the routing devices that have been connected to the network, in normal operation, when the link state is from bad to good, how to rejoin the network, and how to achieve?

Third:if the link state of the routing device is not good for a long time, is it possible to be kicked out of the network?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

1. It's possible to change during normal operation of the node, and it's also possible to clear the network information stored in the device's memory.
  2. There's multiple ways for a device to try to reconnect to a network after leaving it due to connection problems. A device can be instructed to try to reconnect after a certain amount of time if it detects that connection with its parent device was lost.
  3. Some of the connection quality values such as LQI can be used to determine if connection with a certain node is not stable, if it should be kicked out of the network.

Could you please take a look at the ZigBee 3.0 Devices User Guide and ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide documents? They both can provide a more information about your questions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos