cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no preinstalled MCUs

ekki
Contributor III

Hello,

I just updated my MCUXpresso IDE installation to the most recent Version 11.1.0. Unfortunately something went wrong, because when I start it now, it sais "Cannot find crt_directory2.xme in the usual places. Cannot continue". When I click "OK" (only possibility) the IDE keeps running, but compilating a project end with the Error message:

"Unable to find part support for NXP <my device> in project <my project name> Resetting to generic part for core null."

And indeed, if I open the project properties, the list for the preinstalled MCUs is empty.

I run the MCUXpresso IDE in a Linux- Distribution other than Debian. So far everything ran fine. But I hope anyone can provide some information on how to fix that problem.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Ekki

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ekki
Contributor III

The first hint to the solution was that I my old installation of version 10.3 included a link called "bin"  inside the /ide folder. In 11.1.0 there is a link with the same target called "binary". So I added a link called "bin" and I was back in the game. As I see that this is not a permanent solution I deleted the "bin" link again and opened a new workspace to see if my  suspiction is correct.  And yes that was it. I used the old workspace for quite a while now and it seems that there is a expired link that pointed to a expired folder. Maybe that this was corrected in an installation script of version 11.0.0 that I skipped. I an happy again. Thanks to the MCUXpresso IDE Support, you gave the right hint.

Regards, 

Ekki

0 Kudos

kpityu3
Contributor I

The same thing happened to me in Windows 10. I removed the MCUxpresso IDE, deleted the nxp folder and reinstalled it as an administrator. Now it works fine.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am afraid that we only develop/test the Linux version of the IDE for Ubuntu LTS releases. Its sounds like you have managed to install it onto another distribution - and I imagine that you have broken the IDE install somehow in doing so.

It is possible that you might be able to patch things up, but we can't really provide any assistance on doing this. I will say that the crt_directory2.xme file would normally be found inside the /ide/binaries folder within the IDE installation directory, which is actually a shortcut/alias to something like:

/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.<host_versionnumber>/binaries 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

Please check the SDK version of the microcontroller you are using and also download the latest. Some of the SDKs are no longer supported by the latest version of the MCUXpresso IDE. 

Please let me know if you have any doubts on how to update the SDK version.

Hope it helps!

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

ekki
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

unfortunately this is not the problem, because in the list of the preinstalled devices not only the device I use missing. The list is empty. I also installed to most recent version of the config tools ( v7.1) but this also didn't change anything. So no improvement so far.... 

Regards,

Ekki

0 Kudos