DDR2 setup time (tDS)/hold time (tDH) for DQ referring to data strobe (DQS) during read operation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR2 setup time (tDS)/hold time (tDH) for DQ referring to data strobe (DQS) during read operation

sing-yew_chan
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am running the DDR2 batch simulation. Before starting the simulation, I have developed the memory controller timing model (MCU model: MK61FN1M0VMJ15) through DDR2 controller timing model wizard. To develop the timing model, I need to get the setup time (tDS) and hold time (tDH) during the read operation.

Question 1

By refering to the datasheet of K61 MCU (Document Number: K61P256M150SF3) page 44. The datasheet only mention about the tQS and tQH during DDR write operation but didnt mention about the tDS and tDH for read operation. Do you guys know where to get this information ?

pastedImage_3.png

Question 2

When I read through the app note (AN10706) which is the document on developing the timing model for Hyperlynx simulation, I saw some of the memory controllers will delay the DQS by having 90 degree phase shift in their internal register. Not sure will the memory controller internal register will do the same thing during read operation? If yes, the datasheet didnt mention about the DQS skew during read operation in internal register. Do you guys know about this and where to get this information? 

The following are the configuration for the memory controller,

DDR class: DDR2

Clock rate: 150 MHz

Regards, 

SY Chan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

sing-yew_chan
Contributor I

Hi Jing Pan,

Thanks for your response.

AN10706 is an app note which discussed on how to create HyperLynx DDRx Memory Controller Timing Model. You may take a look on this document at following link,

https://www.xilinx.com/Attachment/AN10706%20-%20Creating%20HyperLynx%20DDRx%20Memory%20Controller%20... 

I understand that the DDR_DQ input signal is synchronous with DDR_DQS input signal and the DQ signal is edge aligned with the DQS signal. However, in order for the internal register of the memory controller to capture the input DDR_DQ signal correctly, the DDR_DQ signal must obey the setup time (tDS) and hold time (tDH) in reference with DQS signal. You may refer the following diagram for the tDS and tDH that used inside the AN10706 document.

pastedImage_2.png

The incoming DQ signal will have a phase shift of 90 degree when the internal register of the memory controller read the DQ signal which is one of my questions above (Not sure the internal register of the memory controller above will do a phase shift of 90 degree to the signal before reading). tDS and tDH refer to the setup and hold time that need to be fulfilled by the DQ signal in order for the internal register of the memory controller to read correctly.

Regards,

SY Chan 

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Reference manual doesn't mention this 90 degree shift. I think K61 hasn't this shift.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sing,

DQS is a bi-direct signal. In DDR read state, this signal send from SDRAM. DDR_D synchronous with DDR_DQS input. DQS edge aligned with data. There isn't tQS in reading. Config DDR interface is a very hard job. NXP has a config tool to simplify this work. Please get from https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/initialization-boot-device-driver-code-generation/KINETIS_K70_DDR_I... 

K70 and K61 has same die. You can use this tool on K61.

AN10706 is about hadling bare die. Do you mean any other doucment? 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos