How to configure IMX6-DQ MIPI DSI Generic FIFOs size?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure IMX6-DQ MIPI DSI Generic FIFOs size?

leeshuai
Contributor III

APB to Generic block bridges APB operations into FIFOs holding the Generic
commands. The block interfaces with 3 FIFOS, a command FIFO, a write payload FIFO
and a read payload FIFO.

How to configure write payload FIFO size?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee

seems it is not configurable. Some details can be found in sect.41.4.7 Generic packets

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual:
Generic packets are always transported using one of the DSI transmission modes: Video
Mode or Command Mode. If none of these modes are selected the packets will not be
transmitted through the link and the related FIFOs will eventually get overflowed.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

leeshuai
Contributor III

Dear  igorpadykov

I have send 128 bytes command data using DCS Long Write Command to initalize lcd panel , it turn out that MIPI_DSI_CMD_PKT_STATUS register with status  gen_pld_w_full (Reports the full status of the generic write payload FIFO)

How can i deal with it ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please check ERR005191 MIPI: Corruption of short command packets with Word Count (WC)
greater than 16’hFFEE, during video mode transmission by the MIPI Generic Interface

Chip Errata for the i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus - IMX6DQCE

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

leeshuai
Contributor III

Dear  igorpadykov

How to understand 16’hFFEE

0 Kudos