What is a LPSPI framesize of 33 bits (or similar)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a LPSPI framesize of 33 bits (or similar)?

Jump to solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

in RT1020 Reference Manual Table 42-3 LPSPI Command Word in Master Mode (continued) is the following entry for FRAMESZ:

pastedImage_1.png

Does the above mean if I my frame size is more than one FIFO entry the last FIFO entry should include at least 2 bits of the frame size?

e.g. 32 bits are okay ( = 1 FIFO entry)

33 bits are not okay (= 2 FIFO entries, the second one would only include 1 bit)

64 bits are okay (= 2 FIFO entries)

65 bits are not okay because it would be 2 FIFO entries with 32 bit each and one FIFO entry with 1 bit

Therefore similar frame sizes to 33 bits would be 65 bits, 97 bits, 129 bits, ... Is this correct?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you understanding is correct. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you understanding is correct. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Mike!

0 Kudos