Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image is not booting from SD card

Jump to solution
aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Team 

We are using iMX 6 solo in one of our custom board, we are  able  to flash image in SD card  through uuu tool using linux, but boards can't able to boot from SD card . Please let us know  following 

1) During flashing will this iMX  internal RAM will be used or external DDR3  will be used  ?

2) How we should proceed for debugging this from hardware  side ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Rita  

Thanks for replying. We are  able to solve  the  issue  basically we  were not  updating DDR3 setting ,once we updated value obtained  from 

realview.inc it starts working. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rickyphilip
Contributor I

I believe this happens to most of us. I recall I had the same issue a couple of years back. If I'm correct I created a bootable SD card initially. For that, you need to select your SD Card in the Device drop-down menu. The file system should be Fat32.. then check the boxes Quick Format and create a bootable disk. and select FreeDOS for the bootable disk. Press the Start button and wait for it to complete. There you have it. In fact, there are several Chatbot Development Services providers who now create bootable virtual assistant solutions for computers. I believe these are mainly frameworks that help keep files secure and safe and also easily bootable now. Cheers!!

0 Kudos
Evansadam
Contributor I

You can check the general troubleshooting steps. You can check with the AI consulting services.

1. Check the SD card
2. Ensure the SD card is compatible with your device and has enough capacity.
3. Verify the SD card is not physically damaged.
4. Use a disk utility to check for errors on the SD card.
5. Reformat the SD card if necessary (be sure to back up any data first).

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is there printing information when your boot up in the serial port?

0 Kudos
aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Rita  

Thanks for replying. We are  able to solve  the  issue  basically we  were not  updating DDR3 setting ,once we updated value obtained  from 

realview.inc it starts working. 

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good news, I am very glad it works.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When you boot up your board from SD card, have you set the boot mode to boot up from SD card mode?

0 Kudos