cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in flasing image using mfgtool

aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Team 

We made one customized board based on imx6 solo, when we are trying to flash pre-built yacto image available online (Nxp website ) very first time in bare board  through mfgtool it is  getting stuck after loading uboot and kernel with message " flashing os image "

Please help to understand  following 

1) Does DDR stress  toll should be  run before mfgtool or after flashing image ?

2 ) Does  mfgtool will store images in RAM of  processor or eMMC/SD 

card?

3) Which clock source will be used for this  process, external crystal / internal?

4)How i should proceed for  debugging if problem exist  in DDR3 or eMMC?

basically i don't have proper  understanding of complete flow of process?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Abhishek singh

• In mfgtool, first the ROM configure the USB as an HID host and then downloads bootloader from the host PC to internal RAM, which initializes the DDR and loads the minimal zImage and initramfs (images in firmware folder MFGTool) to the DDR, and then it will write the all images to SDCard (images in files folder of MFGTool).
  • As you are using the i.MX6S based Custom Board, the prebuilt images might not be worked straight forward. You need to check/update the DCD configurations and build the U-boot image for that.
  • For understanding the workflow of MFGTool, you can refer the attached document.
  • Can you please share the error logs (i.e. logs which are coming on serial console while flashing the images through MFGTool)?

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Abhishek singh 

1) DDR stress tool is a calibration tool which is used to check DDR performance. It is not dependent on mfgtool, you can use it before or after flashing image . As your custom board , you can run the DDR stress tool for checking DDR performance after that you can flash the image using mfgtool.

2)The mfgtool stores the image in eMMC/SD . This you can verify from  Profile/linux/Os firmware/ucl2.xml file.

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Karan 

Thanks for update .

Basically we are trying to upload image in SD card through MFGTOOL by putting in serial download mode .But  can't succeed.

During process it  load initramfs , then loads uboot, after that it  stuck . When i am checking sd card  manually i can't  see  uboot inside . 

Does it  loads  initramfs and uboot inside internal RAM / external DDR3 / SD card ?

2) What  could be possible reasons for hanging at  programming OS. 

3) Please  let  us know  which document i can refer  to have  details  about MFGTOOLS, so that  i caould have understaning how it works ?

0 Kudos

aabhishekoct18
Contributor III

Hi Team  

Can you please  help  us  by  updating same 

0 Kudos