cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW41Z Zigbee end device example not working

Jump to solution
xvesel72
Contributor I

Hi, I have problems with one of FRDM-KW41Z SDK examples. When I upload Zigbee 3.0 end_device example to FRDM-KW41Z development board red LED flashes, but board doesnt send any data to terminal (even after reset), it should write something like "END DEVICE RESET". But when I upload one of other SDK examples, for example Zigbee 3.0 coordinator, everything is working. Other examples are working as well. I use UART in project configuration, same as in other examples.

Does anybody know, what to do? Do I need to change something in configuration?

Thanks for every advice.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miroslav, I hope you're doing well!

By default, when importing the KW41Z ZigBee 3.0 Sleeping End Device SDK example, Power Down mode is enabled. This has the effect of disabling the use of the debug UART, thus not printing debug information and messages to a serial terminal.

For debugging purposes, power down mode can be disabled by changing the cPWR_UsePowerDownMode definition to 0 instead of 1 in the config.h header file of the source folder of the example project:

/*! TRUE = 1: Use PowerDown functions (Normal)
 FALSE = 0: Don't use PowerDown. Useful for debugging and test purposes
 */
#define cPWR_UsePowerDownMode 0

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miroslav, I hope you're doing well!

By default, when importing the KW41Z ZigBee 3.0 Sleeping End Device SDK example, Power Down mode is enabled. This has the effect of disabling the use of the debug UART, thus not printing debug information and messages to a serial terminal.

For debugging purposes, power down mode can be disabled by changing the cPWR_UsePowerDownMode definition to 0 instead of 1 in the config.h header file of the source folder of the example project:

/*! TRUE = 1: Use PowerDown functions (Normal)
 FALSE = 0: Don't use PowerDown. Useful for debugging and test purposes
 */
#define cPWR_UsePowerDownMode 0

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
xvesel72
Contributor I

Thank you. Now it's working as expected.

0 Kudos