cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LPDDR3 setup with IMX7S

jjamesson
Contributor II

Hi, NXP Community,

I am having problems with initializing the MT52L256M32D1PF LPDDR3 memory with the IMX7S hosted on a custom layout. Currently I am having problems bringing up the board and I am unable to jump to U-boot, leading me to this that this issue is LPDDR3 memory related. 

I have managed to get everything working on the IMX7Sabre board that uses 2x4GB DDR memories with a different setup, and the same sequence fails on our custom board hosting a 1x8GB DDR. I am aware that I am supposed to configure the DDR registers according to our setup, and so far I have used the IMX7D script aid for programming the registers. The output of the tool works well with the IMX7Sabre board, but not with our custom board. It is important to note that our custom board hosts an IMX7S, and not the IMX7D as on the Sabre board, but we adjusted the register configurations to our layout setup. Hence, here are my two questions:

- Is there a script aid for the IMX7S chip aid as well, or should the IMX7D script aid work for us?

- Can anyone point out any obvious reasons to why our LPDDR3 configuration works with the IMX7D chip on the Sabre, but does work with our IMX7S?

With regards,

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James

warp7 board has similar configuration and one can look at its resources:

https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-79058 

uboot/imximage.cfg at master · kubos/uboot · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jjamesson
Contributor II

Thank you!

This advice helped me understand that I actually had a build system mistake! Furthermore, if anyone interested, the IMX7D script aid file configuration resulted in a configuration which also worked on IMX7S.

With regards,

0 Kudos