cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test EVM board

rakshith
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using DSP56F801 EVM board. Further i am using an evaluation version of Code Warrior 8.2.3. The EVM was working fine but all of a suddent I am not able to download the code onto the EVM board. I get the following error "CCS protocol Plugin: Unknown Protocol error". I think the JTAG IC could be spoilt. Is there a way to test if the JTAG on the EVM works properly. I would also like to know if there is any application to test the DSP56801 EVM board as a whole.

Thanks

Rak**bleep**h.S

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We support 2 interfaces:

- USBTAP,

- sample parallel cable.

There is a jumper on the board to switch between the 2 interfaces.

On the project, the connection settings must be addapted too to support USBTap or Sample parallel cable.

There are some examples available on the installation.

You can get it via the wizard (File New) or other ones under the folder \(CodeWarrior_Examples).

See below more details about the connections checking.

Did you tried with an example delivered on the installation ?

If you get the same problem with an example delivered on the installation, the problem should be:

- with the USBTap,

- or with the PC configuration,

- or with the board,

- or with the project config.

Check the USBTap.

When you plug it to the PC, the USBTap must be detected.

If this is not the case may be the interface is damaged.

When the interface is connected to the board and to the PC, the 2 light should be on. Is it the case ?

Check the board.

Check that the Jtag connection is selected. This is done by a jumper. This jumper define if the Jtag or the // connector is used. Is it working using a sample // cable as interface ? Do you have another board ?

Check the PC.

Can you install the tool on another PC ?

Check the project.

After to start the debug session, the ccs tool is automatically launched too.

Be sure that the right settings are selected in the target settings panels.

Open it and go to Debugger | Remote Debugging and select 56800 Local USBTAP connection.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos