RX TX Sniff in ksz8863

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RX TX Sniff in ksz8863

ankish_kacktwan
Contributor I

Hi i am trying to debugg an issue related to some random packet drop in the data link layer of my server application running over lwip and lpc1778 core.

the cpu is connected to the phy which is an 3 port switch KSZ8863 through RMII interface.

I am trying to sniff the trafic from the traffic sent from the LPC EMAC to the phy on port1 of KSZ8863 switch.

My issue is i can only sniff either the receive or transmit packet on the port1.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ankish,

Could you provide more details about this error? 

At first glance, I think the reason you can only sniff either the transmission or reception of the packages could be due to the module is working as Half Duplex but more details about this issue would be very useful.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

ankish_kacktwan
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

Ok so my system works in Modbus client server model.

Where Modbus client sends a request to read or write some registers from the Modbus server which is my device(lpc1778 with lwip stack).

On some random response from the server the packet are lost after been transferred to the phy from the ethernet mac(which i suppose is due to malformed packet).

So what i am trying to do is to sniff all the packet received by the internal port3 which is connected through RMII to the LPC1778.

But i am only to see the response from the server to the client.

Not the requests made by the client to the server.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ankish,

And sorry for the late replay, since you're working in a custom application and I don't have any way to test. Only as a suggestion try using the lwip example in the LPCOpen (link here) and check if the packages can be sniffed using this example.

Best Regards,
Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos