Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the USBICP for programing the JB16

Jump to solution
syf
Contributor I
hi guys

I want to use the USBICP for programming the JB16. And I have get the usbicp.exe file and its driver.
And I have searched the board about the topic. But only get a little useful message. I'm wondering whether anybody here can gave me some more professional advice.

thanks
Alexander.Schu
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Syf,

The following thread has examples for combined OSBDM/TBDML code for the JB16 in the 20p and 28p packages.  Have alook at the files in the USBDM_Flash_Images folder for schematics and corresponding S19 files.

Combined TBDML/OSBDM Code

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
syf
Contributor I

now my computer can scan that a unkown usb hardware had been connected to it. but i can not update the driver.

and my scheme was designed for jb8. and now made some changes inorder to fit jb16 as follow:

1:use the 12mhz ossilitor

2:have a 10kohm pull up resistor on pin 12 of jb16.Connected the D+ and D- to gnd with 470kohm.

3:grounding the PTA0 , and made a power on reset circuit on pin 28 of jb16.

i don't kown why my computer can not update the driver for the found hardware.

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Syf,

The operation of the software is described in AP note 2399 available  here:

AN2399 : In-Circuit Programming of FLASH Memory via the Universal Serial Bus for the MC68HC908JB16

Software available here:

AN2399SW : Software files for AN2399 

The only real requirements are as you have indicated for a blank device:

pull-down on A.0

470K pull-downs on D+ & D-

100nF capacitor on reset

12MHz crystal (+ 2 capacitors) on EXTAL/XTAL

What is the 10K resistor for on pin 12 (PTE.3/D+?) This conflicts with the 470K resistor.

The required drivers are part of the software package above.

Could you check in the PC hardware manager if the device is identifying itself - check the  VID/PID on the details page for the device.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-03-31 12:52 PM
0 Kudos
syf
Contributor I
Dear pgo,

Thank you for your kindly help.

I follow your advice.but it can not work. when i connected my board to the computer,the pc can not find the hardware.

But if I pull the D+ to 5v with a 1.5k resistor,the pc can recognize the hardware, and it can pop out a topic that a unknown device had been found. Then I open the Device Manager and update the driver.It can not work either.

And I have made a JB16 scheme for the usb multilink mon8 tool. The chip can be programmed through the prog08sz.exe, but I'm wondering whether you have a .s19 file for the TBDML based on the JB16. Then I can debug my new scheme.

thanks.
0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Syf,

The following thread has examples for combined OSBDM/TBDML code for the JB16 in the 20p and 28p packages.  Have alook at the files in the USBDM_Flash_Images folder for schematics and corresponding S19 files.

Combined TBDML/OSBDM Code

bye

0 Kudos
Laz_e_Boy
Contributor I

Hi Pgo,

I have some problems on TBDML over JDWE 20 pin SOIC.I was able to enter ICP mode and download the TBDML code,but i see after programming ,my pc restarts the moment i unplug usb cable.Why is so?

Also i have used breadboard and intially after prgramming ,when i plug in ,idont see the usb detected ,but when i  touch with my finger on any of the pins while plugging the cable,the usb detects and pc loads the driver.why is it so ,any grounding problems? Can you suggest any methods to resolve it?

Regards,

lazeee...

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Laz-e-Boy,

I haven't encountered any similar problems.

I would be very worried that there was some kind of short or similar on the power supply. Try isolating the BDM with an external hub and see if this has any effect on its operation.

I would check the wiring VERY carefully.

Are you sure you are not introducing external voltages to the USB power connections?  Check the grounding between the USB cable and target power supply as well.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.  I have found the JB16 BDMs quite reliable.

bye

0 Kudos
Laz_e_Boy
Contributor I

Hi pgo

i did some testing using below attached file and found the notebook detecting the usb and loads up the driver everytime i  plug in,though i had success with this,i dont know why my notebook restarts after programming in ICP mode.H/Wwise a 10uf & 0.1uf capacitor isolates  vdd and gnd,usb diff's are pull downs 470K's.

I havent connected the target micro circuit  as i wanted to test the usb portion first.I will rewire and observe the behaviour today...

lazeeee...

Installation08_09_03.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 12:44 PM
0 Kudos