cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when ending debugging

Jump to solution
engenharia
Contributor II

I am having a lot of difficulties to start programming with the MKE18F256VLH16 microcontroller.
I'm using MCUXpresso 11.1.0, SDK 2.7.0,  and a PE Multilink tool to SWD debug.

The board was assembled by me, and it is a simple flash LED, and it build fine. The first time the download program run successfully, but at all other times it didn't.

The microcontroller yet has been replaced, and it continue always lock at debug
99%, showing an error message: Runtime error 216 at 03E3434A:

pastedImage_2.png

Console message:

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1. Connection from port "62926" to 6225
Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1. Connection from port "62939" to 7225
Telnet server running on 127.0.0.1:51795
Searching for FreeRTOS Kernel Symbols...
rsp_qC - qSymbol: 707843757272656E74544342
pxCurrentTCB not found. FreeRTOS analysis not enabled.
Copyright 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.
Command Line :C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.0_3209\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_4.4.9.202001152348\win32\pegdbserver_console -device=NXP_KEx_KE18F256M16 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7225 -gdbmiport=6225 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=4
P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 6.15

CMD>RE

Initializing.
Target has been RESET and is active.
CMD>CM C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.0_3209\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_4.4.9.202001152348\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\KEx\freescale_ke18f256m16_pflash_dflash_eeprom.arp

Initializing.
Initialized.

;version 1.04, 12/03/2019, Copyright 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. www.pemicro.com [ke18f256m16_x_pflash_dflash_eeprom]

;device freescale, ke18f256m16, pflash_dflash_eeprom

;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$14001000, ram=$20000000

Loading programming algorithm ...
Done.
Programming sequency is : erase, blank check, program, and verify {default}
CMD>VC
Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...
block 00000000-00001BB7 ...
Calculated CRC-16 does not match block. (File = $DCD9, Device = $5598)
Current content of flash does not match application to be programmed

CMD>EM

Erasing.
Module has been erased.
Reloading programming algorithm ...
Error Erasing flash of device
Error occured during Flash programming.

PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Error during flash programming. Terminating debug session.

Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Walter,

Hope you are doing well. I have checked your schematic and so far it looks ok, it is a bit blurry so it is difficult to see the numbers of the components. 

Can you please share the configurations for your P&E multilink. Also can you confirm that the reset line is setting properly and not resetting constantly? Attach a waveform if possible.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
nakoploi
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same error 216 when ending debugging. Try to update the device but the same error again.

Try to follow some solutions on the following link but again i didn't find any solution.

So did you change anything beside the update of the device?

thnx

0 Kudos
nxa09603
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sabina, 

I have the very same error but in a KL02 device using the P&E Multilink ACP. It´s a custom board, that I used to program with the same debugger. SWD connections are fine, reset as well. 

After sometime without use when I started debugging the project the PE Multilink began updating itself. Then, whenever I try to debug it shows "Connection closed by the GDB server." Runtime error 216 at ...

By the way, I can erase or program the Flash. Only debugging is the problem.

Hi Walter

How did you exactly update the P&E? Did you just updated the software in your computer?

Thank you

Andre VB

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello nxa09603,

Hope you are doing well. Due to the issue being with a different microcontroller, could you please open a new thread.So that the information is easier to find in case another person has a similiar issue. 

Thank you!

Sabina

0 Kudos
engenharia
Contributor II

olá Andre,

I'm using the Part# USB-ML-UNIVERSAL (green) Rev.A, and now work fine with Flash Version 6.15 (mcuXpresso 11.1).

it updated when I debug another project in CodeWarrior10.6, and downloaded the last version on P&E Page.

regards,

Walter  

0 Kudos
nxa09603
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Complementing, this is the message I got in the Debugger Console:

C:
xp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.1_3241\ide\plugins\com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728 ools in rm-none-eabi-gdb.exe: warning: Couldn't determine a path for the index cache directory.
GNU gdb (GNU Tools for Arm Embedded Processors 8-2019-q3-update) 8.3.0.20190703-git
Copyright (C) 2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=arm-none-eabi".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
monitor setexceptioncatching 2033
monitor selectcore 0
"monitor" command not supported by this target.
continue
The program is not being run.

0 Kudos
engenharia
Contributor II

Hello Sabina, how are you?

After many tests, I saw that the defect was in the P&E multilink, I needed to update the device and it started to work.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm glad you were able to resolve this. Thank you for posting your solution in the community.

Have a good weekend!

Sabina

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Walter,

Hope you are doing well. My name is Sabina and I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Could you please provide the schematic of your custom board so that we can discard any hardware issues. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos
engenharia
Contributor II

Hello Sabina, how are you.

Here is the simple schematic:

Best Regards,

Walter

De: nxf51209

Enviada em: quarta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2020 18:06

Para: Walter Colombo

Assunto: Re: - Re: Error when ending debugging

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg> NXP Community

Re: Error when ending debugging

reply from Sabina Bruce <https://community.nxp.com/people/nxf51209?et=watches.email.thread> in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion <https://community.nxp.com/message/1264666?commentID=1264666&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1264666>

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Walter,

Hope you are doing well. I have checked your schematic and so far it looks ok, it is a bit blurry so it is difficult to see the numbers of the components. 

Can you please share the configurations for your P&E multilink. Also can you confirm that the reset line is setting properly and not resetting constantly? Attach a waveform if possible.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos