Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure sensor

riddhib
Contributor I

Hi

Good morning
We are using your part # MPXV5100GP AND MPXV7002DP. it is washable or not after soldering process?
Thanks 
Riddhi Bhimani
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RIDDHI, 

The devices can be water washed during a post solder process, but care should be taken to avoid getting water inside the ports. The parts were designed for use in clean dry air and are warranted as such. The silicone gel that protects the surface of the die should not come in contact with any moisture during the wash process. Unfortunately, NXP does not have any specific recommendation as a cleaning procedure since it does not only depend on the components, but also in other factors such as the solder paste or the flux used during manufacturing.In general, these parts could be washed using deionized water or a flux removal solvent, these solutions should not damage the package. I recommend to apply these solutions only to the joints and avoid contact with the device case. Application of solvent with an acid brush to joints would be recommended rather than spray.Please note that any cleaner that enters the sensor pressure opening may have adverse effects on the device - especially if they are submerging the device in alcohol. So, sealing the access hole on the part with Kapton tape is absolutely recommended. You can plug also the sensors with a cap before cleaning. The small vent on the base of the SMT which cannot be accessed once mounted should not cause any issues during cleaning process, but you have to take care that the vent not will become blocked. Caps can be found via the following supplier: http://www.stockcap.com/products.aspI personally recommend a 'no clean flux' because the cleaning of flux residues from underneath the package is not feasible for some style of packages (due to the low package stand-off). However, to ensure desired results, please make sure you evaluate the entire process and usage.As an additional note, I would not recommend ultrasonic cleaning due to possible damage to internal wire bonds.

Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos