Which's the max recommended ripple in FRDM-KL28Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which's the max recommended ripple in FRDM-KL28Z?

Jump to solution
ribeiroruan2
Contributor I

In FRDM-KL28Z, which's the max ripple (peak-to-peak voltage) and minimum ripple frequency recommended for the power supply at P5V0-9V0 VIN at 5[V]?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ruan Ribeiro ,

FRDM-KL28Z is using the USB port to power on the board, so normal USB port power on is OK, could you tell me why you still need the max ripple data?

In fact, you need to make sure the MCU power on voltage is in the datasheet's defined range:

pastedImage_1.png

About the 5V tolerant data, from the FRDM-KL28 schematic,

pastedImage_2.png

So, you can check the LDO NCP1117 datasheet to check the input voltage detail data.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ruan Ribeiro ,

FRDM-KL28Z is using the USB port to power on the board, so normal USB port power on is OK, could you tell me why you still need the max ripple data?

In fact, you need to make sure the MCU power on voltage is in the datasheet's defined range:

pastedImage_1.png

About the 5V tolerant data, from the FRDM-KL28 schematic,

pastedImage_2.png

So, you can check the LDO NCP1117 datasheet to check the input voltage detail data.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
ribeiroruan2
Contributor I

Thanks for the answer, Kerry

I need to know about the ripple because the development board will be used in our company's satellite antenna prototype for ships and, thus, being fed by a DC/DC converter. Up until now, our company has only made antennas, so we don't have the structure to make quality serialized boards and we won't have it for some time. That's why I prefer to feed the development board by the P5V0-9V0 VIN at 5[V], since this option give me more cost-effectvely options for converters on the market.

Although, the NCP1117ST33T3G's datasheet answered it alright. Thanks for tip, Kerry.

Best regards,

Ruan

0 Kudos