cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K32L3A6 MDM-AP debug

nhancaheo_me
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm new to NXP and it's great that NXP has many good documents to show how MCU works. I'm trying to understand how to debug MDM-AP register for K32L3A6 running on FRDM-K32L3A6 dev board. From what I understand, MDM-AP is accessed via AP 1 however I couldn't find AP 1 from Debug console in MCUXpresso IDE. Any idea please let me know! Thanks in advanced!

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (3)
2 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nhan,

MDM-AP DAP control and status registers are accessible via the Debug Access Port using SWD. The MDM-AP available registers are shown in table 12-5 from Reference Manual.

User can access MDM-AP registers using link server from MCUXpresso. There are some scripts that you can use as reference to see how to read MDM-AP regs. Refer to "Chapter 10.4 - LinkServer Debug Operation" from MCUXpresso User Guide to run link scripts from MCUXpresso and What commands are supported in Redlink Server? to get a better understanding of linkserver commands.

See below output from K32L3Aconnect.scp script on MCUXpresso.

pastedImage_2.png

User can also read access MDM-AP registers using J-Link Commander with a J-Link probe. See below example using J-Link Commander:

pastedImage_7.png

Regards,

Jing

nhancaheo_me
Contributor I

Thanks Jing for your detail guide! It seems like CMREADAP will read AP reg. Let's me test it out and will come back if any issue :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos