[CCS last error: T1040: Core not responding ](CCSProtocolPlugin) error after flashing wrong RCW/wrong Place. T1042D4RDB-64B.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CCS last error: T1040: Core not responding ](CCSProtocolPlugin) error after flashing wrong RCW/wrong Place. T1042D4RDB-64B.

Jump to solution
yusufalti4444
Contributor I

Hello NXP,

With using QCSV and T1042D4RDB - 64B,

I accidentally flashed a new RCW into wrong(I guess) place in NOR flash (in both BANK 0 and BANK 4). Now the board is not booting and ASLEEP ping is always lit. When I try to flash a correct RCW (from SDK v2.0 - 1703, rcw_source1400mhz.bin)  into correct place, CW is throwing;

[CCS last error: T1040: Core not responding ](CCSProtocolPlugin) error

Switch settings were,

SW1: 0001 0011

SW2: 1011 1001

SW3: 1110 0001

After crahsing first bank, I changed SW[3] to 1 to jump on BANK4. I did same mistake on BANK4. I was trying to write offset 0xE801FFFF which is the end adress of RCW (current bank), not start adress. Now I am not able to use both BANK0 and BANK4.

I am using latest Code Warrior.

I will be appriciated for any help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ahmet Demir,

First please create a bareboard project in CodeWarrior IDE.

Please refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target board.

After configuring JTAG Configuration file in CodeWarrior IDE, please open "Hardware or Simulator Connection" panel from Run->Debug Configuration-><project>-core00_RAM_T1042_Connect/Download->Edit->Edit, please check "Initialize target" and specify "Initialize target script" as ${ProjDirPath}/CFG/T1042RDB_init_core.tcl.

Then connect CodeWarrior to the target board to do flash programming.

Thanks,

Yiping

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ahmet Demir,

First please create a bareboard project in CodeWarrior IDE.

Please refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target board.

After configuring JTAG Configuration file in CodeWarrior IDE, please open "Hardware or Simulator Connection" panel from Run->Debug Configuration-><project>-core00_RAM_T1042_Connect/Download->Edit->Edit, please check "Initialize target" and specify "Initialize target script" as ${ProjDirPath}/CFG/T1042RDB_init_core.tcl.

Then connect CodeWarrior to the target board to do flash programming.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
yusufalti4444
Contributor I

Hello yipingwang‌,

Update: It seems I loaded a working RCW on NOR flash BANK0 with using Hardcoded-RCW option (SW1 - SW2[0] = 010011011 where 0 = ON). Asleep led is not lighting when I select BANK0. I flashed RCW to 0xE8000000.

But now,  I can not do same flashing to BANK4 (0xEC000000 is RCW adress of BANK4). When I switch back to BANK4 after flashing working RCW to BANK4, asleep led is lighting. CodeWarrior seems not flashing to BANK4 memory area.

I flashed a working U-boot to BANK0 U-boot area (0xEFF40000 for BANK0). I do not get any serial output from U-boot.

What is wrong with my Flash programmer ?

0 Kudos