cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCT2075DP Temperature Sensor Failure

jblank
Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

I am experiencing issues with the PCT2075DP Temperature Sensor. We believe the device has somehow gotten damaged such that it no longer collects temperatures. We are utilizing the I2C interface and when reading the temperature we are only getting returns of '0's. Have any of you had a similar problem with this product? I should note that I am currently investigating two possible sources for the failure.

1.) Vibration characteristics of the system the temperature sensor is deployed in. I have contacted NXP support about vibration requirements/limits. 

2.) Input voltage ripple requirements. I do not see these requirements inside the datasheet. I have also contacted NXP about this information.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joseph,

to return the failed ICs back to NXP for failure analysis you have to arrange it with a distributor from your country, preferably the one you have bought the parts from. Please check this link: https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-and-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS for list of distributors.

Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joseph,

PCT2075DP is Non-automotive qualified product, please see below paragraph in PCT2075 datasheet.

Paragraph.png

Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joseph,

please see the description for answers from an application engineer.
DESCRIPTION

Please below for customer’s two questions.

1)         Vibration: I don’t have any data for it but I have never heard back such issue with any customers before.

2)         Input voltage ripple: We should keep minimum ripple on VDD as much as possible. If customer can provide us PCT2075 schematics and scope waveform on PCT2075 VDD pin, then we can see whether decoupling capacitors are used correct value.

I have two questions for customer.

1)         What is current failure rate? How many boards were built and how many boards were failed?

2)         When board failed, is it hard-failure (which means it can’t be recovered by power cycle) or soft-failure (which means it can be recovered by power cycle)?

Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos