cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO driver Port Read

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

is there a specific reason to why there is no function for reading multiple GPIO pins at once in the GPIO driver fsl_gpio.c/h? There are functions to set and clear multiple pins at once but no function for reading.

In general I think that Scott Millers post from almost one year ago (which also mentioned the GPIO read function which is still missing) is still valid. The documentation is missing a lot of information, links don't work and there is no way to see from the open online API to which processor it refers. As a newcomer to the NXP IMXRT family it is difficult to get started with the processor family and the API. I have to switch between API, MCU Reference Manual and source code quite a lot to understand what is going on and what the correct parameters are. Yes, there are a lot of working code examples for the peripherals which you can create with MCUXpresso Config Tools but they don't show everything.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stefan, 

In the i.MXRT the concept of Port doesn't exist, like in Kinetis or LPC. Therefore when you want to read a GPIO you need to read a specific PAD. The GPIO module of the RTs was inherited from the i.MX. 

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos