Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qn9080 otap sample code in mcuXpresso

Jump to solution
aswinpraj_1989
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm a newbie developer in which i get first task to develop a code for on the air programming the qn9080. I got some sample codes from the sdk examples. but i'm not sure where to place the image file and all. Is there any documentation available to configure qn9080 in otap protocol. I'm using mcuXpresso IDE.

Thanks in Advance :smileyhappy:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin, I hope you're doing well!

There's an existing SDK example project implementing OTAP available for the QN908x Family of MCUs. It can be found in the SDK package, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\otap_client_att>

Information about this example, as well as an explanation about its uses can be found in the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications Users Guide.pdf>

I would also recommend you to take a look at the BLE Application Developers Guide, as it contains a lot of useful information about OTAP, as well as other possible BLE applications:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Host Stack API Reference Manual.pdf>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Corgi
Contributor II

Hello , @Sebastian_Del_Rio 
I'm also a newbie developer , and I have the same task about OTA.

If I want to programming, I should use Example Code "otap_client_att", read Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications Users Guide.pdf and Bluetooth Low Energy Host Stack API Reference Manual.pdf.

Is there any else should notice or read more document to develop OTA?

--

Best Regards,

Corgi

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin, I hope you're doing well!

There's an existing SDK example project implementing OTAP available for the QN908x Family of MCUs. It can be found in the SDK package, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\otap_client_att>

Information about this example, as well as an explanation about its uses can be found in the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications Users Guide.pdf>

I would also recommend you to take a look at the BLE Application Developers Guide, as it contains a lot of useful information about OTAP, as well as other possible BLE applications:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Host Stack API Reference Manual.pdf>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

aswinpraj_1989
Contributor III

Hi Seb,

I recently got the dk and surprise it's bricked. I suspect the flash sector of target is locked as i can access the flash, but can't erase it...lol.

I'll definitely give a feed back once i finished the task. and yeah thanks for the links for the documentation which i missed. Kudos 

Regards

Aswin :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin,

Please let me know if you need more information regarding OTAP.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos