cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivative could not be unsecured

ankit_sultania
Contributor I

Hello, i am trying to upload my first code in devkit-s12xe

i am using code warrior v5.2 which is running in a 32bit windows 10 which is running on a VM inside a linux system.
i am using "Lab2_ADC_PWM_S12XE.mcp" example, after i go to debug i get this error
"The target MCU has no clock or wrong BDM clock speed is used or derivative is secured."
after reading a few posts, it seems like i have to unsecure the chip.
when i try to do that, i get this error

"Derivative could not be unsecured.

The unsecure file might be missing or disabled.

make sure the ....

"
it seems like the crystal on the board is 8Mhz, but i have tried all 4 clock speeds while doing the above process.

only the PU_ST (Green ) LED is constantly ON,no other led turns on or blinks when i reset the borad.

Is there any IDE for available for linux ?
is there something i am doing wrong ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ankit_sultania
Contributor I

Hello :/ 

This was not a derivative security issue,i simply rushed through the documents to get started.

"only the PU_ST (Green ) LED is constantly ON,no other led turns on or blinks when i reset the board."

This was the issue, i had a jumper connected to the wrong location.

0 Kudos

hrudaynath_yelg
Contributor I

Hello Ankit,

I have the same issue, but I did not understand what you meant by "jumper connected to the wrong location"?

How did you solve the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

Is your ???_unsecure.cmd file really present in your project cmd folder? If yes, check what flash command is used to mass erase S12XE:

WB 0x10A 0x08   // load erase all blocks command

0x08 could work if you didn't use flash/eeprom protection. Try changing it from Erase All Blocks (0x08) to Unsecure Flash (0x0B). Don't have S12XE at hand to check if it helps.

Edward

0 Kudos