Is it possible to execute multiple ECDSA Sign operations within the same i.MX8 job descriptor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to execute multiple ECDSA Sign operations within the same i.MX8 job descriptor?

rcasallas
Contributor I

I need to execute ECDSA operations in parts. When the job descriptor includes an  ECDSA part 1, or ECDSA part 2, the operator works as expected, so it does when the ECDSA part 1 is followed by ECDSA part 2. But if the job descriptor includes further ECDSA operations after an ECDSA part 2, the additional ECDSA operations seem to execute without error, but the outputs remain unmodified.

Are they limitation on the number of ECDSA operations that can be executed within the same job descriptor? Can an ECDSA part 2 be followed by another ECDSA part 2 operation in the same descriptor?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ricardo

I asked internally and got answer below:

---------------

Just discussing with R&D, you should be able to execute multiple ECDSA part 2 operations in a single descriptor.  You just need to make sure that the PKHA is reset after the first operation and that the PDB is correct.

AdrianGancev worked last week on this issue for Rim, maybe he can share more details if this is still needed or not.

We still do not understand exactly what they are trying to do, or why.  However, you can execute as many ECDSA Sign operations in a Descriptor (or job) as you want; however, you will need to change the PDB before each in order to set up the i/o pointers.

---------------

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos