FTM Synchronization: Canceling a Software Trigger Event

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM Synchronization: Canceling a Software Trigger Event

p_waydan
Contributor I

I would like to use software synchronization to update the FTM (configured for center-aligned PWM) C(n)V and OUTMASK registers from their buffer values. I want the update to be deferred to the next loading point.

From the manual, I see that I should write a 1 to SWSYNC. My question is: if I want to cancel a synchronization event after writing 1 to SWSYNC and before the loading point, will writing a 0 to SWSYNC work or will the software trigger event persist until the loading point completes?

Thank you

P.S. I am using the FRDM-KV11Z board

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel Way ,

If you want to do the synchronization , please totally follow the following flow chat:

pastedImage_1.png

Even you want to cancel it, please also follow the above chat.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

p_waydan
Contributor I

Thank you Kerry. I’ve seen this flow chart in the product manual’s FTM section and in an application note. I can see that writing 1 to the SWSYNC bit when SWRSTCNT is 0 will update the registers at the next load point. 

But I’d still like to know if the update can be cancelled by writing a 0 to SWSYNC before the load point.

Thank you,

Daniel

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel Way,

Maybe this is related to when the chip judge the SWSYNC =1 or 0, if it is already check it, I think even you set it back to 0, it still can't cancel the process.

But if you have interest, you can test your thought, before the load point, try to write SWSYNC back 0, check whether it is cancelled or not.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos