cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure XGMII@MAC10 on LS1046A

kristof_tunner
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I am looking for help with the Ethernet configuration fo our board. We are using nxp's LS1046A SoC on two different boards in our system and we are trying to configure a fixed-link(phy-less) 10Gb XGMII ethernet link between the two nxp processors. We are connecting them on the S1 lane and we are giving them the needed 156.25MHz clock. Below is the serdes protocoll mapping from the manual:

serdes-mapping.png

Below is the u-boot log with the RCW configured 1133, so that the fm1-mac10 and mac9 should be 10G XFI, and the PLL-s set for the SGMII and XFI connections.

u-boot2.png

u-boot.png

In the device tree i configured the ethernet for the fm1-mac10 for fixed-link:

ethernet@f2000 { /* 10GEC2 */
   fixed-link = <0 1 10000 0 0>;
   phy-connection-type = "xgmii";
};

After boot-up looking at the configured fm1-mac10 interface with ethtool looks like this for both end of the link:

Settings for fm1-mac10:
Supported ports: [ ]
Supported link modes: Not reported
Supported pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Supports auto-negotiation: No
Supported FEC modes: Not reported
Advertised link modes: Not reported
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Advertised auto-negotiation: No
Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Speed: 10Mb/s
Duplex: Half
Port: MII
PHYAD: 3
Transceiver: external
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: d
Wake-on: d
Current message level: 0xffffffff (-1)
drv probe link timer ifdown ifup rx_err tx_err tx_queued intr tx_done rx_status pktdata hw wol 0xffff8000
Link detected: yes

I tried to set the speed to 10000 and duplex to full duplex with ethtool but no success.

And the links bandwidth is:

[ 3] 0.0-15.0 sec 66.5 KBytes 36.3 Kbits/sec

All in all, i would like to know how to configure 10Gb fixed link between two nxp ls1046a processor. If anyone has experience with LS1046A or the topic in general, i would be glad to get some feedback on my issue. Could it be some device tree misconfiguration or is there some magic register for these kind of connections?

Thanks the answers in advance!

Best regards,

Kristóf

0 Replies