cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTK on IMX8MQ and IMX8MM

qphan
Contributor II

Hi,

We are trying to run an application (Electron) that uses the library gtk+3 on the iMX8MMini on Yocto 4.14.78. We are getting an error “undefined symbol: gdk_x11_display_get_xdisplay”. This application runs OK on the iMX8MQ running the same OS version, but is throwing that error on the Mini.
Comparing the library dependencies for the library gtk+3 using the command “ldd /usr/lib/libgtk-3.so.0” on both the MQ and the Mini, we can see that the libgtk-3.0 library on the Mini has a much smaller dependencies list compared to the one on the MQ (attached images). Specifically, all the X11 backend was not included in the libgtk-3.so.0 on the IMX8MM.

Examining the run.do_configure file in the gtk+3 in the build folder, I notice that the the MQ version contains the flag "--enable-x11-backend" while the MM version contains the flag "--disable-x11-backend".

In the meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/gtk+ folder, we see a gtk+3.append file that contains the following:

DEPENDS_append_imxgpu2d = " virtual/egl"

PACKAGECONFIG_remove_imxgpu2d = " \
${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_FEATURES", "wayland", "x11", "", d)} \
"

Can you please explain why all the X11 backend was included for the IMX8MQ and not IMX8MM? If this cannot be enabled, please suggest any solutions for this.

Thanks,

Quang

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

hemangi
Contributor I

Hello @qphan ,

you had done good job.

here , for many days I am trying to build my gtk application on iMX8MMini and iMX8MQ board(I have both device). but not getting success. I am quite new here. I have run hello application on iMX8MMini device with using reference toradex image(Reference Multimedia Image).now we are trying to run gtk application on board for that we are building image using yocto but it is not building successfully. can you please help me with procedure to run gtk application on iMX8MQ or  iMX8MMini with each step. it will be great help because we are blocked here for may times. your help will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Quang,

No, You need to check the file to disable-x11-backend none of i.MX8 have an X11 backend.

Regards

0 Kudos