Can the OpenSDA Interface circuit be simplified that is currently on the FRDM-K64F development board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the OpenSDA Interface circuit be simplified that is currently on the FRDM-K64F development board?

david_moulin
Contributor I

Can the OpenSDA Interface circuit be simplified that is currently on the FRDM-K64F development board?  Are the level shifters actually needed?  If so, what are they used for if the the MK20DX128VFM5 TX and RX are directly connected to MK64FN1M0VLL12 uC UART 3?

Know do I to program the MK20DX128VFM5 with the the current OpenSDA firmware?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David Moulin,

I think you can simplified the shifter, and connect it directly to the UART interface which you are needed.

But, if you are design your own board, I think you even can remove all the opensda debugger, you can connect the external debugger, eg, JLINK.

About MK20DX128VFM5 program, you need to use the external debugger download the bootloader firmware through the SWD interface, you can't use the current opensda download it.

The K20 related firmware can be found from this link:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos