Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between FRDM-KE06Z and IAR I-Jet

Jump to solution
jun1
Contributor V

HI.

I want to use the SWD in the red frame below (IAR I-JET and FRDM board are connected by SWDIF and debugged)

According to the Freedom KE06 User ’s Guide:

(1) Cut the resistor R58 on the FRDM board

(2) If the KE06 on the FRDM board has a 5V power supply and the OpenSDA power supply is off, connect an external debugger (= I-JET?).

How do I turn off OpenSDA with the USB connector inserted and power on to KE06?

Thank you.

jun.

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun yamada,

Would you please let us know if you want to use 5V power supply KE06 or just want to use external debugger?

Notice it is for: use OpenSDA(J7) connect to an off-board MCU.
But if you want to use external debugger instead of use OpenSDA, then just connect external debugger on J7.
Cut the resistor R58 will disconnect external debugger(J7) with on board KE06. I don't think it is what you want.

Debugging Interface FRDMKE06UG.png

Once you insert USB connector(J6), the P5V_SDA will power P3V3_SDA through U2(if R26 is not removed). The P3V3_SDA is the power of OpenSDA(U5). 

P5V_SDA P3V3_SDA U5.png

P5V_SDA P3V3_SDA.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jun1
Contributor V

Thanks for your teaching.
FRDM worked fine, with no modification (leaving R58), I-JET connection to J7.

jun.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun yamada,

Would you please let us know if you want to use 5V power supply KE06 or just want to use external debugger?

Notice it is for: use OpenSDA(J7) connect to an off-board MCU.
But if you want to use external debugger instead of use OpenSDA, then just connect external debugger on J7.
Cut the resistor R58 will disconnect external debugger(J7) with on board KE06. I don't think it is what you want.

Debugging Interface FRDMKE06UG.png

Once you insert USB connector(J6), the P5V_SDA will power P3V3_SDA through U2(if R26 is not removed). The P3V3_SDA is the power of OpenSDA(U5). 

P5V_SDA P3V3_SDA U5.png

P5V_SDA P3V3_SDA.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!