Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool for linux?

Jump to solution
tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have noticed that the linux branch of the git repository of MfgTool (https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools.git) is presumably no longer maintained (last change was in September 2018, while some commands cause segmentation faults and other forum threads suggest is does not work). We plan to move from a i.MX RT1064 to a i.MX RT1060, and so we must be able to generate bootable external flashes using a linux machine. How do you suggest we proceed? "elftosb" seems to work, at least at first glace.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tamir Michael ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The MfgTool seems like a tool that consists of UI interface and Blhost, in actually, it invokes Blhost to program the image on target memory devices connected to i.MX RT device.
So I'd like to suggest you use the Blhost tool directly to program the bootable image to the external flash.
I've attached the Blhost User's Guide for you to refer to.

Have a great day,

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tamir Michael ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The MfgTool seems like a tool that consists of UI interface and Blhost, in actually, it invokes Blhost to program the image on target memory devices connected to i.MX RT device.
So I'd like to suggest you use the Blhost tool directly to program the bootable image to the external flash.
I've attached the Blhost User's Guide for you to refer to.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
tamir_michael
Contributor IV

OK, thanks. I'll look in the source code to see what's going on.

0 Kudos