Sending ISO-7816 APDU to smartcard with NFC device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending ISO-7816 APDU to smartcard with NFC device

andrew_webb
Contributor I

How to send an ISO 7816-4 APDU to a smartcard using a NXP NFC device in a Windows 10 UWP application?

I have a Windows.Network.Proximity.ProximityDevice object, and I think the method to use is PublishBinaryMethod.

ProximityDevice.PublishBinaryMessage Method (Windows.Networking.Proximity) - Windows UWP application... 

The API is   long PublishBinaryMessage(String messageType, IBuffer message)

But I don't know what messageType string to use.  It might be "NDEF".  I'm guessing that the message is either the raw APDU or perhaps the APDU wrapped in a NDEF message.  But I'm not sure.

My Select AID APDU and response would be      00 a4 04 0c 0b a0 00 00 03 08 00 00 10 00 01 00 02  = 90 00

Any information about how to wrap an APDU into a NDEF message?

Is there is a sample application that writes the APDU command and gets the response somewhere?

Thanks in advance,  Andrew

(I do most of my smartcard programming with PC/SC on Windows.  But this NXP NearFieldProximity Provider device 

on a HP Elite laptop, and has a placement circle on the touch pad, does not have a PC/SC driver. )

0 Kudos
4 Replies

andrew_webb
Contributor I

Jan 28, 2020:

I guess you have to use the PC/SC interface accessed through  Windows::Devices::SmartCardReader and SmartCard instead of  Windows.Network.Proximity.ProximityDevice

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As you might know,  there are some of the documents and libraries which are under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)

the information it's not public, the JCOP is one of this parts.

If you are already working with a JCOP , I believe you should already have a contact that helped you getting the information, could you please contact that person for further support on this part ? If you do not have one that contact, could you please contact one of our distributors available in the Distributor Network|NXP to help you with your request?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

andrew_webb
Contributor I

Thanks for the response, but I am asking how to use the NXP proximity device in a HP EliteBook laptop through the Windows Proximity API.   I'm trying to communicate with a generic IOS 14443 smartcard, and I can interface with that smartcard in other ways like PC/SC. 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Sorry but still, for that kind of reader management in a specific device you will need to contact the manufacturer on how to deploy and example there.

I'm really sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos