Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Configuration in T4240RDB-64b

Jump to solution
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Dear NXP,

I am working on T4240RDB-64B machine. I needs to add the driver kernel configuration. I am using QORIQ-SDK-2.0 source.

Which defconfig do I needs to take to enable the drivers ? 

Let me know the steps for build kernel with custom+default kernel configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
1 Solution
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

You'll find which defconfig file you are using by default under sources/meta-freescale/configs/(your_machine.conf) file. For example mine is t1042d4rdb-64b.conf. And the lines inside it describes the defconfig file.

KERNEL_DEVICETREE ?= "t1042d4rdb.dtb"   /* This is under arch/powerpc/dts/fsl/ folder
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "corenet64_smp_defconfig" /* This is under arch/powerpc/configs/ folder */

You can change these lines but when you repack your kernel, the new names you gave must be under the directories I mentioned in comment lines. You can have a copy of your new kernel .config. Just give it a long name while saving (vinothkumar.config). You will find that file under build directory of linux.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

If you want to enable drivers exists in kernel

1) bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate

2) bitbake virtual/kernel -c patch

4) bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

5) (Enable/Disable drivers you want)

6) save menuconfig with name '.config' and some other different name.

6) bitbake virtual/kernel

If you want to build out-of-tree kernel module into kernel

Take a look hello-mod recipe in poky/meta-skeleton. It includes a sample out-of-tree kernel module.

0 Kudos
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Thank You Yusuf Alriparmak 

Do you know, Do we have use any defconfig from (arch/powerpc/config/85xx/ ).

And Where this .config file stored ?

Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

You'll find which defconfig file you are using by default under sources/meta-freescale/configs/(your_machine.conf) file. For example mine is t1042d4rdb-64b.conf. And the lines inside it describes the defconfig file.

KERNEL_DEVICETREE ?= "t1042d4rdb.dtb"   /* This is under arch/powerpc/dts/fsl/ folder
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "corenet64_smp_defconfig" /* This is under arch/powerpc/configs/ folder */

You can change these lines but when you repack your kernel, the new names you gave must be under the directories I mentioned in comment lines. You can have a copy of your new kernel .config. Just give it a long name while saving (vinothkumar.config). You will find that file under build directory of linux.

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Thank you Yusuf Altiparmak for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

VInothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos