LPC546 unable to wake up host in the fast charging port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546 unable to wake up host in the fast charging port

emblink182
Contributor III

I run in a problem with LPC54605J512BD100 unable to wake up the host within the fast charging port.

Tested within Lenovo laptop and USB hub charging ports. The same behavior observed with the LPCXpresso54608 OM13092 development board and lpcxpresso54608_dev_suspend_resume_hid_mouse_bm example with HS and FS configurations.

Here are the log messages.

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V6.56b - Terminal output channel
USB device HID mouse demo
USB device remote wakeup state: 1
USB device start suspend
USB device suspended.
Please Press wakeup switch(SW2) to remote wakeup the host.
USB device resumed.

The SW2 button wasn't pressed. For some reason, USB_NEEDCLK_IRQHandler() is invoked and VBUS power turns off and on again. After that board is unable to wake up the host. However, that's not the case for any other USB devices plugged to the same charging port, VBUS doesn't turn off for them and they are capable to wake up the host. In other USB ports, besides charging port,  this example works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

Are you using a custom board or is one of our development boards?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

emblink182
Contributor III

Hi Alexis, initially problem was discovered on custom board. But it can be reproduced with the development board and firmware example provided by NXP. Log messages are from example code.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

Did you enable the USB remote wake support in BIOS? If you check the following path in the SDK there's the steps need it to run this demo.

SDK_2.7.0_LPCXpresso54628.zip\boards\lpcxpresso54628\usb_examples\usb_suspend_resume_device_hid_mouse\bm\readme.pdf

Also could you try testing with other hub ports to see if its the same?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

emblink182
Contributor III

Hi Alexis, can you give any proposals for this issue?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alex,

I think this could be related to the errate 3.10 that you could check in the following document.

Best Regars,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

emblink182
Contributor III

Hello Alexis, I have read this errata sheet and didn't find my problem. Obviously host turns-off USB bus power on charging port and then enables it again, but this is happening only when lpc546 dev board is plugged in, this doesn't happen with other devices I have tested. So I trying to figure out why, and maybe your application or design engineers can give some workaround. Have you tested this issue on your side?

0 Kudos

emblink182
Contributor III

Hi Alexis, Thanks for your answer. I have checked bios, and there are no options for the remote wake. bios.jpgThis laptop can be waked up by different devices from any USB port, so I assume that remote wakeup is enabled by default.

I have also checked power settings.

usb.PNG

I read the readme.pdf and followed every single step, but the problem still appears.

suspend_resume_hid_mouse_bm example works fine with other ports of this laptop, and with other ports of hub.

But it doesn't work in charging ports. Pictures below.

lenovo_port.jpg

hub.jpg

I have tested 7 USB keyboards and mice and they were able to wake host in charging port. The problem appears only with LPC546.

0 Kudos