cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jtag debugger for i.MX 6ULL famile processor

Jump to solution
deljo_davis
Contributor I

I using MCIMX6Y2CVM08AB. Can suggest Jtag Debuggers suitable for this product.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ceggers1
Contributor IV

Selecting a JTAG debugger depends mainly on your needs and budget. Everything between 5$ (FTDI based) and 5000$ (Lauterbach Power Debug Pro) should be possible.

• If you only want program the flash memory, you can also use the i.MX ROM bootloader and connect via USB (for free).
  • For development of Linux applications, you can do most tasks purely with software debuggers (e.g. gdbserver).
  • For working on bootloaders, real time operating system or the Linux kernel I personally prefer the Lauterbach solution. But be prepared to invest some time to learn how to use this system. It's very powerful but not always intuitive.

regards

Christian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ceggers1
Contributor IV

Selecting a JTAG debugger depends mainly on your needs and budget. Everything between 5$ (FTDI based) and 5000$ (Lauterbach Power Debug Pro) should be possible.

• If you only want program the flash memory, you can also use the i.MX ROM bootloader and connect via USB (for free).
  • For development of Linux applications, you can do most tasks purely with software debuggers (e.g. gdbserver).
  • For working on bootloaders, real time operating system or the Linux kernel I personally prefer the Lauterbach solution. But be prepared to invest some time to learn how to use this system. It's very powerful but not always intuitive.

regards

Christian

0 Kudos