cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of hardware reboot

alexisfronteau
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a trouble that I don't understand and I'll need some idea. I have made an embedded system with an IMX6Q powered by onboard regulators. It worked well but for some experience, I need to powered the IMX6Q with an external power, so I bypass onboard regulators. But now, the IMX6Q boot and during the initialization of kernel (after eudev is launched but it may be not linked), the IMX6Q reboot automatically, like if the board is power off and power on again.

I supposed that I missed something when I bypass onboard power but I don't know what could happen. Which pins may create a problem like that ? I have checked that the power never fall and the pin RESET_MICO# is not the source of the reset.

Greetings,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexis

to narrow down problem, if this is caused by linux or hardware one can try baremetal test:

rt-thread/bsp/imx6sx/iMX6_Platform_SDK at master · RT-Thread/rt-thread · GitHub 

For linux one can try minimal image with nxp releases described on

i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alexisfronteau
Contributor III

Hi,

I have succeed to stop IMX6Q always rebooting but I don't understand why. I have just remove the connection between the RESET_MOCI# pin of the IMX6Q and the PERST# pin of an external USB to PCIe controller (TUSB7320) connected like in the datasheet apalis_arm_carrier_board_design_guide.pdf page 17.

0 Kudos